Posted on 2016-10-06
Jefferson school conferences are scheduled for October 25-27. Please see the attached schedule for conference times and other details. Conferences are arena style so parents can come at their convenience. However, it is best to conference early in the week. Sometimes wait time is significant on Thursday. Student release is at 11:05 with sack lunch pick up for those students having school lunches.
Jefferson teacher is finalist for national award
Posted on 2016-09-30
Jefferson Middle School math teacher Jana Dean is one of six teachers selected as a state-level finalist for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST).
Jefferson Handbook Online
Posted on 2011-09-02
Questions about Jefferson’s policies and procedures? Consult the latest edition of the Jefferson Handbook regularly available as a link under “About Us” on the webpage menu bar.
Una celebración de familias set on November 3
Posted on 2016-10-21
Una celebración de familias will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursday, November 3 in the Knox Administrative Center Boardroom.
The event is geared toward Spanish-speaking families to learn about Skyward Family Access and other local services and resources available in the Olympia community. Pizza and refreshments will be available to all attendees.
Community organizations attending include:
- South Sound Reading Foundation, donating books in Spanish and English to families.
- Centro Integral Educativo de Olympia (CIELO), providing education, social services and cultural activities for Spanish-speaking and underserved communities of South Puget Sound.
- Thurston County Public Health, offering no-cost flu immunizations (ages 3-18 years).
- Choice Network, providing information about affordable health care.
- Hands on Children’s Museum, giving away free passes to the museum.
- YMCA of Olympia, giving away free passes to the local YMCAs.
Oct. 31 is last day to register in person to vote in Nov. 8 election
Posted on 2016-10-14
Thurston County residents not yet registered to vote in Washington state can register in person through Monday, October 31 to participate in the November 8, 2016 General Election.
Free parent education workshops
Posted on 2016-10-03
The Olympia School District will host a series of free parent education workshops this year led by Candyce Lund Bollinger, a local parent educator for the past 35 years.
Avanti High named a School of Distinction
Posted on 2016-09-30
Avanti High School joins an elite group of less than 100 schools statewide that have been named a School of Distinction for being among the top 5 percent of highest improving schools.